Endodontists are specialists in treating tooth pain, disease, and infection, who are committed to saving teeth and maintaining long-term healthy smiles. Their advanced training beyond dental school helps them perform intricate dental procedures relating to the tooth pulp and tissues surrounding the roots of infected or severely damaged teeth. Dr. Shakiba and her team at Prime Endodontics are committed to providing outstanding, gentle care each and every day!
When Should You See an Endodontist?
Certain signs indicate damage to the inner tooth pulp and require immediate care by an endodontist. If you have tooth pain, sensitivity to hot or cold temperatures, swelling around the teeth, gums, or face, or an injury or trauma to a tooth, we encourage you to contact Prime Endodontics for an appointment. Dr. Shakiba and her team will work diligently to alleviate any discomfort and restore your healthy smile.
Common Endodontic Services
At Prime Endodontics, we are proud to offer a range of services designed to save damaged teeth and restore their function and integrity. Here are some of the specialized procedures we offer:
- Root Canal Therapy: Also known as endodontic therapy, the procedure involves removing inflamed or infected tooth pulp and cleaning and sealing the area. A dental crown placed by your general dentist will restore the tooth’s strength, form, and function.
- Endodontic Retreatment: In the rare event root canal therapy fails, retreatment involves removing the infection and cleaning and shaping the pulp chamber. A microscope aids in the search for additional canals or unusual anatomy that require treatment.
- Root End Surgery: Root end surgery, or apicoectomy, treats a tooth with inflammation or infection persisting after root canal therapy, specifically in the bony area around the end of the tooth. It involves removing the apex, or the tip of the tooth’s root and surrounding tissue with damage or infection.
- Apexogenesis Procedure: This procedure is designed to save injured or infected immature teeth. It involves using medication that allows the root to continue developing while the pulp heals.
- Apexification Procedure: Apexification involves removing diseased pulp tissue in an immature tooth and placing medication to stimulate root development. The procedure prevents further inflammation and infection and also allows for successful root canal therapy if needed.
- Traumatic Tooth Injury/Dental Emergencies: Endodontists are highly skilled and experienced at treating traumatic tooth injuries, including knocked-out, dislodged, or fractured teeth. Your trusted team at Prime Endodontics will evaluate your condition and stabilize your injured tooth.
Quality Endodontic Services in Houston, TX
Visit Prime Endodontics in Houston, TX, to learn more about the endodontic services offered by our acclaimed endodontist, Dr. Shakiba. Our team will work diligently to restore your teeth to their health and function. We invite you to experience endodontic care at its best!